Who else loves almond butter AND noodles? I definitely do! Noodles have been my go to meal lately and I’ve pretty much already tried every kind of sauce to eat with it but not this yummy almond buttery one until yesterday! This recipe was inspired by another blogger’s recipe, I had saved a long time ago but never ended up making. I get a lot of my recipe inspirations from Instagram vegan pages and Pinterest. There are truly so many amazing creative people out there that make the most delicious vegan foods and I encourage anyone looking for some more vegan recipe ideas to scroll through Pinterest and check them out. 🙂
Most of the times, the recipe I end up making, is made with totally different ingredients though. You don’t always need all of the same exact ingredients, for example for this recipe you can easily switch the veggies to whatever veggies you like or have available right now and the almond butter can easily be replaced by any other kind of nut butter. The type of noodles is also an ingredient you can chose based on your preference and availability. For this recipe I used Japanese Udon noodles that had been in our pantry for ages, so this recipe was perfect to finally being able to use them. Haha. But seriously, go for whatever you like in your dish!
ALMOND BUTTER NOODLES
Makes 2 Servings
- 2 portions asian noodles (i used Japanese udon noodles)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp almond butter (or any nut butter you like)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 pack of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp miso paste (or you can also use soy sauce or coconut aminos)
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Cook and drain the noodles according to the package directions.
- In the meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and bell pepper and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add sesame oil and season with sea salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, add coconut milk, almond butter, miso paste and lime juice to the mixture. Stirring everything together, making sure there are no clumps left.
- Cover the skillet and let simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has become thick and creamy.
Toss noodles into the sauce and combine together. Enjoy! xx