As promised, here is the recipe for these ultimate chocolate & pecan cheesecake bars I had been sharing on my Instagram stories. This has honestly been one of my best desserts yet (along with the Snickers Bars even though those are more like snacks). Anyway, now I know what I will bring to my next family gathering, which will probably be Thanksgiving. The craziest thing is that I wasn’t even a fan of cheesecakes before going vegan, but I swear vegan recipes are always so much better!! If you’ve been following me for a while, you definitely know by now that I prefer sweet over savory any day and to specific CHOCOLATE OVER ANYTHING! Haha. But don’t worry if you don’t like chocolate or just prefer something else you cane make this cheesecake in pretty much any kind of flavor! From berries, to caramel, papaya, key lime, vanilla everything is possible.
These chocolate & pecan cheesecake bars start with soaking your nuts (only cashews and pecans) overnight. This helps soften the cashews and will help them with blending and become nice and creamy. I buy my cashews at “Trader Joe’s” since they’re the cheapest there but I suggest finding out where you can get the cheapest cashews around your area. I personally don’t have an issue with spending a little more money than usual on cooking ingredients such as nuts because I see it as an investment in my health. And besides that I only eat these treats once a month or less.
These Raw Vegan Chocolate & Pecan Cheesecake Bars are naturally gluten-free & refined sugar free!
RAW CHOCOLATE & PECAN CHEESECAKE
Makes 9 Bars or 12 Mini Bars
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 cups soaked, drained and rinsed raw cashews
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup soaked, drained and rinsed raw pecans
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup water
- If you haven’t soaked your cashews & pecans yet, do so now.
- Place all crust ingredients into a blender and process until well combined.
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside
- Pour the crust mixture into the springform pan and use your fingers to flatten it. You can also use parchment paper to help make it even.
- Place in the fridge while you prepare the cheesecake layers.
- Drain and rinse soaked cashews for the first layer and place in a blender with remaining ingredients, blend until smooth and creamy. I use my Vitamix for blending.
- Scoop out half the mixture on top of the base and place in the freezer for an hour or until slightly firm.
- Once firm, add the cacao powder, medjool dates, drained pecans and water to the remaining mixture and blend until well combined.
- Pour the chocolate layer onto the first layer and gently tap to flatten and remove any air bubbles. Freeze the cheesecake for at least 5 hours before serving.
- When you’re ready to eat the cheesecake, take it out of the freezer at least 15 minutes before serving to thaw. Top with chocolate dipped pecans and pomegranate seeds.
- Medjool dates are sticky and bind together well. If you’re dates feel dry, you may need to soak them in water first.
- Any leftovers of these bars need to be stored in the freezer. They will last several months frozen in a well sealed container!
Ps: Make this chocolatey raw vegan cheesecake for Thanksgiving! I’m sure your family will love it!
Love, Val x