Hello hello! You guys have been requesting the recipe for these brownies since I posted them on my stories so I’m not going to torture you any longer and finally share them with you. You’ll find the recipe for these babies down below. They are absolutely delicious and make an awesome dessert & snack to share with friends, kids and family. I personally can’t wait to get my kiddo one day involved in baking with me and of course also eating them with me. To make these brownies more fudgy & chewy, bake for only 18-25 minutes (depending on your oven) or if you want them to be a little more cakey bake for 25-30 minutes. I’d honestly recommend baking them for a shorter period of time, like that they won’t dry out as quickly and you’ll be able to enjoy them even days after making them. But do whatever you prefer. 🙂
I also decided to add walnuts in mine, because I remember always eating walnut brownies as a kid in Switzerland and I just craved those childhood brownies but in vegan version course. 🙂
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did! xx
VEGAN WALNUT BROWNIES
Makes 9 Brownies
- 1 heaping tbsp almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseeds + 6 tbsp water) whisked and set for 15 min
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/4 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 oz (115 gram) vegan dark baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups raw walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tbsp of ground flaxseeds with 6 tbsp water to make flax egg. Rest for 15 minutes to thicken.
- In a double boiler over medium heat, combine the baking chocolate and coconut oil. Stir until completely melted.
- In a large mixing bowl add coconut sugar, maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla extract and flax egg.
- Sift in the spelt flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt, mix well to combine with the wet ingredients.
- Gently mix the melted chocolate into the mixture. Add the walnuts and chocolate chips and stir slowly until the batter is thick and well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish, top with extra walnuts and bake for 25 minutes. For chewier brownies, bake for 3-5 minutes more.
- Allow to cool before removing from parchment paper and serve with extra almond butter if you want. 🙂