I’m a huge fan of curries! Even before I went vegan I loved to order curries in restaurants but only after becoming vegan and starting to cook my own meals, I’ve discovered how easy it actually was to make it myself. All you really need is coconut milk, some kind of vegetables, curry powder or paste and rice (or quinoa, if you like it to be healthier). My favorite veggies to use in curries are zucchini, carrots and pumpkin (for starchier version), but for this one I only used zucchini and red pepper, since those were the only veggies we had leftover. But feel free to change it up to whatever you like best in your curries, it really doesn’t matter. 🙂
3 zucchinis, quartered or cut in rounds
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 shallot, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1-inch ginger, minced
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 full fat can coconut milk
2 tbsp green curry paste
1 tbsp sea salt
1 tbsp coconut sugar
juice of 1 lime
- In a pan over medium high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Add in the chopped shallot, garlic and ginger and cook until shallot is slightly translucent about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the curry paste and mix well into the other ingredients.
- Then add the zucchini and red bell pepper, coconut milk and season with sea salt and coconut sugar.
- Simmer until the veggies are softened for about 20-25 minutes.
- Squeeze lime juice over, stir, and then remove from heat.
- Serve with white rice or quinoa for healthier option.