You absolutely gotta try this Raw Vegan Pad Thai! I had these Kelp Noodles sitting in my pantry for a while and I didn’t know what to do with them, until I figured I could just use them for a Pad Thai. I already had all of the other ingredients in my fridge, so that’s what I did. I had actually no idea, that Kelp Noodles were considered raw, until I saw the label on the package and made some research on the internet about it. Kelp Noodles are considered as the next “Wonder food” because they don’t contain any wheat, cholesterol, sugar or gluten. In addition, kelp noodles typically provide 15% of your daily calcium need. I found mine at Wholefoods, but I’m pretty sure you can find them in any asian supermarket. Anyway, I highly recommend this dish, it is super fulfilling and have I mentioned yet that the dressing is made out of peanut butter! You can’t go wrong with that!
RAW VEGAN PAD THAI
- 3 carrots, peeled & julienned
- 1 package of kelp noodles
- 1 zucchini & julienned
- 1 cup edamame
- 1/4 cup raw peanuts
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 lime, juiced
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Prepare your veggies and rinse the kelp noodles with cold water. Put the veggies and the kelp noodles in a large bowl.
- Next, combine the sauce ingredients and mix together until blended. Add more water or spices if needed.
- Pour the sauce over vegetables and kelp noodles and toss until thoroughly coated.
- Serve with cilantro and some extra peanuts. Enjoy!
- The Zucchini will release quite few water in the salad, so I suggest making your Peanut Sauce a little thicker than usual. This will prevent your salad from being to wet.
- You can also use other noodles, if you don’t like kelp noodles.